maria-docs team mailing list archive

query cache at askmonty kb

Hi guys
first, thanks greenman to review query cache article

well i have some others doubts at query cache that i think should/could be
better explained

1)

Limitations

   - The query cache needs to be disabled in order to use OQGRAPH
   <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/oqgraph/> and, in older versions, Galera
   <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/galera/>.
   - The query cache is not used by the Spider
   <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/spider/> storage engine (amongst others).

why qc must be disabled with oqgraph? what's the possible problems without
disabling it? maybe examples are wellcome, since reading oqgraph
information we only have:
Installing

See Installing OQGRAPH <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/installing-oqgraph/>.
Note that the query cache <https://mariadb.com/kb/en/query-cache/> needs to
be disabled for OQGRAPH to function correctly.

Spider have some sql_cache/sql_no_cache features, maybe should be nice a
feature table about what engine support and how it support

2)
include something related to query cache lock problems
2.1) write content lock while inserting new queries
2.2) global lock "quering" query cache before query execution

2.3) maybe we could include some benchmarks since today we have only the
"it's a feature that must be disabled", but when use a read intensive
database (like a wordpress or something like it) it could be enabled
2.4) maybe some explain about good pratices with query cache and without
query cache

i think that's all
=) thanks again

--