me-tv-development team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #63757]: Me-Tv cannot create a channels.conf file, not detecting channels.

Question #63757 on Me TV changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/63757

MeTvFan proposed the following answer:
Michael Lamothe wrote:
> Question #63757 on Me TV changed:
> https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/63757
>
> Michael Lamothe proposed the following answer:
> Oh yes, my misunderstanding, DVB-C (QAM) has been supported for a long
> time.  I had just assumed that you were talking about Clear QAM which is
> something different all together.
>
> DVB-C does work but I thought that you didn't use that in the US, I
> thought that you guys only get Clear QAM.  Once again, I'm out of my
> depth here.

What we have here in the US must be clear QAM.  Unless the cable TV
companies are using an DVB standard.  Now I am confused, I know that
there is NTSC, ATSC, QAM64, QAM256.  For over the air I only hear about
NTSC and ATSC.  For cable TV via coaxial cable I only hear about NTSC,
QAM64, QAM256.  From what I understand most cable TV companies have
moved to QAM256.  So my question is, is QAM256 a DVB standard?

Nate

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Me
TV Development, which is an answer contact for Me TV.