me-tv-development team mailing list archive

[Question #66070]: Does Me-TV use the VDPAU if the engine has it built in.

New question #66070 on Me TV:
https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/66070

Recently I built Mplayer with VDPAU support in order to try it out.  Unfortunely it didn't really make a diffrence in my case.  But it got me thinking about how the VLC, Mplayer and Xine players have picked up support for it.  I am wondering if one builds Xine with VDPAU and sets the xine-ui to use VDPAU by default, then will Me-TV use VDPAU?  My cpu is qaud core q9550, pretty powerful and as such there is barely any system resoure impact.  But I am thinking Me-TV set up in a HTPC with cheap componets would benefit greatly.

http://http.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/vdpau/doxygen/html/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Me
TV Development, which is an answer contact for Me TV.