me-tv-development team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #68427]: More than one DVB-T Adapter - HOWTO persistent selecting?

Question #68427 on Me TV changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/68427

Michael Lamothe proposed the following answer:
I've thought about this, I think that allowing the device to be
specified on the command line is not a bad thing, and it's easy to
implement.

Persisting the setting in GConf is not simple because it won't work for
multiple instances of Me TV.  Also, it's possible for there to be some
confusion about which device to load if they've swapped frontends (i.e.
2 USB devices plugged in different ports).  By making it specified on
the command line this responsibility lies with the user and I like that.

It does pose an interesting question.  What do I do if there's a
scheduled recording?  I guess that I have to store the frontend device
against the scheduled recording.

Email me if you would like to get involved in testing this.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Me
TV Development, which is an answer contact for Me TV.