me-tv-development team mailing list archive

Problems with 0.8.10: Can't add more that one channel at a time, Can't add from a channels file

I was enjoying using Me-TV, nice and clean; but I got a few problems with the newer 0.8.x version, particularly 0.8.10, here's what I am seeing:

1) Every time there is an upgrade to Me-TV, its says my channels are in the wrong format and need to be deleted

2) Since 0.8.10 I can't add channels from a channels.conf file. I have one for my channels that I used to be able to import in Me-TV each time a new version wiped my channels. With this last version, once I pick the channels file it lists all the channels fine, but there is only a 'Cancel' button, there's no 'Add' button!

3) Since 0.8.10 I can only add one channel at a time via a scan. If I go to channels editor and select a scan file it scans, finds say 35 channels. I can select one, add it to the list and click OK. That works, the channel is added to the channel guide. If I select more that one channel (two different channel names) then they both show up in the channels editor, but when you hit OK it reports an error "channel id already exists" and only the first channel is added to the channel guide.

So right now the only way to add channels is to do a full scan, add one channel, do a full scan add on channel, and repeat. Too hard! And thanks to (1) I have to do this for every minor upgrade. Makes me cry! :-)

I tried quitting Me-TV, totally deleting my ~/.me-tv folder and starting over, but the channel adding problems persist...

I guess I should downgrade to a version where the channel editor is working, 0.8.6 use to work well I think so I'll try that.

Thanks for your work on Me-TV in general, previous versions have worked well.

Aaron.