me-tv-development team mailing list archive

[Question #76468]: Does Me-TV support MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 encoding?

New question #76468 on Me TV:
https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/76468

I live in Slovenia and we will have DVB-T encoded in MPEG-4, while our neighbour countries use MPEG-2 encoding. I do not have DVB-T card yet, but does Me-TV support MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 encoding? The problem is however, that in our county there are MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 DVB cards. Since decoding is done in a computer, I can buy MPEG-2 DVB card and just let the computer do the MPEG-4 decoding...

I was looking at settings and was  unable to find any setting to set MPEG-2 or MPEG-4. Does Me-TV autodetect this?

P. S. I am writing a handbook about Ubuntu in slovenian language and need this information for a book.

Thank you for your answer in advance.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Me
TV Development, which is an answer contact for Me TV.