me-tv-development team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #78482]: how to edit recorded files in Me-TV

Question #78482 on Me TV changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/me-tv/+question/78482

Michael Lamothe proposed the following answer:
Yes, it should be MPEG2 TS.

> If I try to open it through projectX from Windows, it does not open. Why?
> If I try to watch it through VLC in Windows, it does not play it. Why?

Why are you asking the Me TV project?  Ask the projectX or VLC guys?

> What kind of file is Me-TV recording producing?

Generally, it is what ever your TV station is broadcasting.  Me TV does
not really alter the stream except that it does rewrite the PAT and PMT
packets so that the there's only one service sent to the player.

> Why can it only be watched under Linux?

Well I'm not sure that's right, I'm sure that many OS's will play it.
Ask Microsoft why it wont play under Windows, I don't know, I don't use
Windows for video.  I suspect that you don't have a MPEG2 decoder
availabe.

Thanks,

Michael

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Me
TV Development, which is an answer contact for Me TV.