medibuntu-maintainers team mailing list archive

[Question #75468]: can you provide sox package?

Question #75468 on Medibuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+question/75468

Description changed to:
sox package in standart ubuntu repository (jaunty, x86_64) has been built with
DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS := --disable-rpath --disable-lame
In result of this sox can't create mp3 files

All packages related to sox are installed

# LANG=C dpkg --list '*sox*'
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                          Version                       Description
+++-=============================-=============================-==========================================================================
ii  libsox-fmt-all                14.2.0-1                      All SoX format libraries
ii  libsox-fmt-alsa               14.2.0-1                      SoX alsa format I/O library
ii  libsox-fmt-ao                 14.2.0-1                      SoX Libao format I/O library
ii  libsox-fmt-base               14.2.0-1                      Minimal set of SoX format libraries
ii  libsox-fmt-ffmpeg             14.2.0-1                      SoX ffmpeg format library
un  libsox-fmt-flac               <none>                        (no description available)
un  libsox-fmt-gsm                <none>                        (no description available)
un  libsox-fmt-libsndfile         <none>                        (no description available)
ii  libsox-fmt-mp3                14.2.0-1                      SoX MP3 format library
un  libsox-fmt-ogg                <none>                        (no description available)
ii  libsox-fmt-oss                14.2.0-1                      SoX OSS format I/O library
un  libsox0                       <none>                        (no description available)
un  libsox0a                      <none>                        (no description available)
ii  libsox1                       14.2.0-1                      SoX library of audio effects and processing
ii  sox                           14.2.0-1                      Swiss army knife of sound processing

but mp3 support is steel broken
i try to recode 1.ogg to 1.mp3 and...

# sox Liigua.ogg Liigua.mp3
sox formats: can't open output file `Liigua.mp3': SoX was compiled without MP3 encoding support

can you provide sox package with mp3 support in medibuntu repository?
thanks.

ps: updated on 20090716

Medibuntu Packaging Team, which is an answer contact for Medibuntu.