medibuntu-maintainers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #82583]: Synaptic reports broken Skype package

Question #82583 on Medibuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+question/82583

Rafik Ouerchefani posted a new comment:
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. However, Skype is not from the official Ubuntu repositories, and
as such is not supported here. I'm setting bug status to invalid in
Ubuntu.

Skype issues are recurrent and since it's a proprietary software, no one here can fix issues.
For me, I installed the "static-oss" variant (package skype-static-oss from medibuntu) to fix sound issues.
For yours, some people are reporting that removing pulseaudio fixes the playback problems while others changes the sound settings to the following :
In: Intel ICH6 (hw:ICH6,0)
Out: Pulse
Ringer: Pulse

Medibuntu Packaging Team, which is an answer contact for Medibuntu.