medibuntu-maintainers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #93672]: Skype removed from repository

Question #93672 on Medibuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+question/93672

mzc proposed the following answer:
This direction makes the Ubuntu desktop experience not appealing to the
common user whatever your geographical location may be.  Medibuntu's
description is non-free software hence skype falls into this category.
Ubuntu developers should be transparent on their decision to remove
skype from the medibuntu repositiry.  I personally advocate using ubuntu
for daily computing use, which includes skype as a major feature in
almost every install whatever your distro or platform is.

I hope that this question could be received constructively.

Mark C.
vancouver loco

Medibuntu Packaging Team, which is an answer contact for Medibuntu.