medibuntu-maintainers team mailing list archive

[Question #127750]: googleearth crash on start - Ubuntu 10.4

New question #127750 on Medibuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+question/127750

Running the medibuntu version of googleearth results in a crash after it displays the splash screen. Here is the crash log:

Major Version 5
Minor Version 1
Build Number 3533
Build Date Nov 11 2009
Build Time 16:41:31
OS Type 11
OS Major Version 2
OS Minor Version 6
OS Build Version 32
OS Patch Version 0
Crash Signal 6
Crash Time 1286012405
Up Time 3.21571

Stacktrace from glibc:
/usr/lib32/googleearth/googleearth-bin[0x805caa6]
[0xf775a400]
/lib32/libc.so.6(abort+0x182)[0xf5a05d52]
/lib32/libc.so.6(__assert_fail+0xf8)[0xf59fb788]
/usr/lib32/libX11.so.6(_XReply+0x322)[0xf52b91d2]
/usr/lib32/libGL.so.1(AtiCallFGLComposite+0xf5)[0xf4cdb88b]

May be related to newer version of fglrx as I upgraded to Catalyst 10.9 (hotfix version) recently, although it may have been an earlier update that caused the problem as I haven't run googleearth for a while. Incidentally, I tried purging the Medibuntu version and installing a newer release from google via googleearth-package. This one doesn't even get to the splash screen complaining about missing libphonon.so.4. I do have linphonon4 installed so I am not sure exactly what the issue is with that one. I don't really want to downgrade fglrx as it fixes a number of other issues for me. Not seeing any problem with other openGL apps that I use such as stellarium.

Medibuntu Packaging Team, which is an answer contact for Medibuntu.