medibuntu-maintainers team mailing list archive

[Question #170964]: powerpc packages not found

New question #170964 on Medibuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+question/170964

I was trying to install the medibuntu package using on my IMac G5 (powerpc architecture) running lucid using the guide posted at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu and I obtained the following file not found error:

Hit http://ports.ubuntu.com lucid-security/multiverse Packages
Hit http://ports.ubuntu.com lucid-security/multiverse Sources
Err http://packages.medibuntu.org lucid/free Packages
  404  Not Found [IP: 88.191.101.8 80]
Err http://packages.medibuntu.org lucid/non-free Packages
  404  Not Found [IP: 88.191.101.8 80]
Fetched 198B in 1s (172B/s)
W: GPG error: http://packages.medibuntu.org lucid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 2EBC26B60C5A2783
W: Failed to fetch http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/lucid/free/binary-powerpc/Packages.gz  404  Not Found [IP: 88.191.101.8 80]

W: Failed to fetch http://packages.medibuntu.org/dists/lucid/non-free/binary-powerpc/Packages.gz  404  Not Found [IP: 88.191.101.8 80]

I'm very new to linux so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing and reading the guide was about as far as I could get.  I can clearly see that the folder packages.medibuntu.org/.../binary-powerpc/ doesn't even exist but I thought that I could somehow install it anyway.

Medibuntu Packaging Team, which is an answer contact for Medibuntu.