medibuntu-maintainers team mailing list archive

[Question #201517]: precise libavcode-extra-53 outdated

New question #201517 on Medibuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+question/201517

Dear Medibuntu Team,

as you can see here:
http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/precise/universe/updates/libavcodec-extra-53

the libavcodec-extra-53 got an official ubuntu update to version 4:0.8.3ubuntu0.12.04.1 on the 18th of june. Since then it is no longer possible to use the medibuntu version of libavcodec, because it is marked as 4:0.8.0.1build1+medibuntu1.

I have some avi-files here (containing h264 and mp3) that need to be repacked into an mp4-container with aac sound (ffmpeg with libfaac) in order to be played on my wifes ps3.

I allready tried to pin the medibiuntu versions of libavcodec and libavutils but doing this apt forces me to uninstall mediatomb (and some other packages) which isnt really an option so I need an updated medibuntu version of libavcodec and libavutils.

Many thanks for your help!
Martin

Medibuntu Packaging Team, which is an answer contact for Medibuntu.