Subject: Status
Local Time: February 7, 2017 2:32 PM
UTC Time: February 7, 2017 10:32 PM
From: igno.peverell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: mimblewimble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mimblewimble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

First I wanted to welcome everyone who joined us recently, our mailing list has grown almost 3x in the last month. The following is going on:

- Andrew Poelstra has done more MimbleWimble presentations (I'm at least aware of [1]), spreading the word.

- There's been good research activity as well, mostly from Andrew and Ruben Somsen. There's still quite a bit that we need to improve and figure out.

- Myrtle has been working on the transaction pool implementation [2] and trying to specify the interface needed for the UTXO MMR [3].

- Merope is continuing her work on the MMR implementation [4].

- I've just pushed a largish set of changes to add basic chain syncing for full nodes [5], using something very close to bitcoin post 0.10 header-first mode.

I'm hoping we can have a mostly bogus (because still full of holes) "testnet" in a few weeks, which would be fun. It would also be great to see more code contributions and pull requests. If you don't know what to work on you can:

- Check our github issues: https://github.com/ignopeverell/grin/issues

- Grep the code for TODO.

- And feel free to ask on Gitter: https://gitter.im/grin_community/Lobby

- Docs (even resources that helped you get started) and unit tests are always great!

Finally, the repository is still on my own github profile (ignopeverell), it was just easier to start that way. However I've also created the mimblewimble github organization. Anyone who'd prefer the repository to be moved there earlier rather than later? Any opinion? I'll just have to coordinate the move.

- Igno

[1] https://youtu.be/XiUGu48JTd0
[2] https://github.com/ignopeverell/grin/issues/21
[3] https://github.com/ignopeverell/grin/issues/29