Re: Question about paper

Well, looks like I was assuming wrongly... Thanks for the correction Tim!

- Igno

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Mimblewimble] Question about paper
Local Time: June 16, 2017 12:17 AM
UTC Time: June 16, 2017 7:17 AM
From: crypto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: mimblewimble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jimmy,

ê is a bilinear map (a "pairing"), defined in line 87. (And I guess e
is just a typo, it should be ê.)

Pairings are often helpful in constructing crypto scheme, because they
add algebraic structure. The drawback is that you need special elliptic
curves; "normal" curves don"t offer pairing.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pairing-based_cryptography for an
introduction.

Best,
Tim