Sum tree storage

Hi all,
Now that Merope has the sum tree design mostly figured out and implemented, I've started thinking about how to handle and store it as it grows in size. I've just pushed a draft of the design I'll be going for in the Merkle tree doc:
https://github.com/ignopeverell/grin/blob/master/doc/merkle.md#storage
Reviews and comments are welcome.
As a side note mostly for Merope, externalizing the positions index means we'll need methods (prune, replace, etc.) on the tree that take the positions instead of the element itself. This is actually simpler. For unit tests we can have a simple wrapper that replicates the HashMap based index.
- Igno

Follow ups