Re: [Review Request] Merkle Mountain Range and sum tree

Hey,

I don't really have time to review right now... but can you give me an overview of what aspect of your ledger system is using the MMR tree?

In bitcoin the proposed use was to create a prune-able and comit-able utxo data structure. (by Peter Todd, which, by the way, I am a huge fan of)

A couple of suggestions I had to the bitcoin implementation:
- could put a spentness bit array at about height diff = 8 (to 12) from the leaves... and not modify the leaf utxos when they are spent.  Then wallets would not have to monitor the spentness status of adjacent leaf nodes.  The MMR tree would then be pruned to the nodes w/ the spentness bits by most nodes.
- potentially wallets could guess the spentness status of adjacent utxos instead of monitoring,  in the case where spent leafs were replaced with nulls.

Not sure if either of the two above ideas are useful in your use case.

Cheers,
Praxeology Guy