Re: Hashed switch commitments

Maybe store it committed to the excess factors (via merkle tree, to allow one excess to commit to multiple switch commitments)? Tx kernels are prunable, but committed to each block, so we can have a merkle proof of inclusion in a historical block to open the commitment.

Raw excess commitment E = e*G

Actual excess commitment K = E + Hash(E || <switch commitment merkle root>)*G

Output blinding factors will have to be compensated by that commitment.

1. Prove that kernel excess commitment K was published in some tx in block B (merkle path).
2. Prove that commitment K == E + Hash(E || R)
3. Prove that X belongs to the merkle root R, X = Hash((vH + rG) || rJ)
4. Check that the inner pedersen commitment (vH + rG) equals to the one being spent right now.
5. Verify the rangeproof for the presented ElGamal commitment (vH + rG, rJ).

The most tricky part is proving existence of kernels (if they are not stored forever). Would need storage or transmission of a bunch of historical block headers...