Re: logo design

Hi all,

I was thinking about springing for a 99 designs logo design package.
Not to come up with anything final, just to get more options on the
table.

They'll solicit designs from 30 or so designers, and then we can pick
the best one.

Some of the questions that they ask before they solicit entries from
designers are below, please let me know if anyone has any suggestions
for changes/additions/removals. I'll kick the process off tomorrow
night.

Casey

---

> Is there anything else you would like to communicate to the designers?

Grin is an in-development cryptocurrency, like bitcoin, that has a
focus on user privacy and efficiency.

I'd like to convey privacy, security, and permanence with the logo.
The Grin project is also somewhat playful in its messaging,
incorporating a somewhat magical, wizards and witches theme, so an
attempt at conveying that would be great too, although without is also
totally fine.

> Do you have a slogan you want incorporated in your logo?

No. ("Put your money where your mouth is." would be a funny one though.)

> Describe what your organization or product does and its target audience

Grin is a cryptocurrency. Like bitcoin, it allows users to transmit
value across a peer-to-peer network. It's main advantages over bitcoin
are that it has very strong privacy protection, and it is very
efficient.

Grin isn't developed by an organization, per-se. There is a lead
developer, and a number of other contributing developers who write the
code together. Eventually when things are a bit further along, it's
likely that an organization will be created.

> What name do you want in your logo?

"grin" all lower case

> Pick some color themes.

I went with a blue palette, a dark grey palette, and a "designers
choice" palette.