Re: Fee burning and Dynamic Block Size

I like the idea, it's simple and elegant and seems to put the right incentives in place.

I don't like that it relies on burn. It puts us between a rock and a hard place as we either:

​* Materialize the burn as specific outputs and keep them forever, bloating the chain.
* Just reduce the allowed reward, making it much harder to audit or reason about the total supply.

The 2nd point is the main argument that convinced me to give up fee burning. It's also arguable that a chunk of the reward that's immediately burnt was ever part of the currency supply, so while the first solution would make the chain accounting simpler, it still significantly complicates supply estimation.

- Igno
​