monasca team mailing list archive

Re: question about monasca-agent installation

You have some options on how you install the agent. You can certainly install with just pip install the Ansible role actually does this but in addition runs monasca-setup for you. Using pip is discussed on this page, https://github.com/stackforge/monasca-agent/blob/master/docs/Agent.md#installing

The Ansible role can make things even easier in particular if you have Ansible installed. The playbook you call this from can be quite simple, here is one I use:

- name: Installs the Monasca Agent

  hosts: monasca

  sudo: yes

  vars:

    monasca_agent_check_frequency: 15

  roles:

    - {role: monasca-agent, tags: [agent]}

The key thing to be aware of is that the requirements for the role which are all listed in the README.md at https://github.com/hpcloud-mon/ansible-monasca-agent
In the above example those requirements are defined in the group_vars.
--
Tim Kuhlman
Monitoring