From: Bryant, Craig W (HP Cloud Service) [mailto:craig.bryant@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:43 PM
To: Pen, Yuan; Hochmuth, Roland M
Cc: bradley.klein@xxxxxxxxxxx; monasca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Monasca] alarm transition events are missing in kafka queue - mysql alarm state is updated properly

Hi Yuan,
I have not seen an issue like this before and have never had it reported, either. Unfortunately, the code only logs an exception on send to kafka as debug so it won't show up in the standard configuration. I will submit a patch to change that, but you will have to upgrade to get that change. I'm sorry, but I have no suggestions on how to make this more reliable except ensure you kafka is running in a high availability configuration.

Craig Bryant
HPE