mosquitto-dev team mailing list archive

[Question #135043]: Conversion from Ascii to Decimal/hexadecimal

New question #135043 on mosquitto:
https://answers.launchpad.net/mosquitto/+question/135043

Hi,
We are using modem AT$MSGSND(enfora modem) command to send data through wireless modem to mosquitto broker running on the internet. Since AT$MSGSND command can send only ASCII data, we need to convert some of the decimal/hexadecimal values that are sent as part of the message(to mosquitto broker) to ASCII. So we need to convert these converted ASCII values(only the decimal and hexadecimal values and NOT the topic and message values) at the mosquitto broker end back to decimal/hexadecimal value. We would like to see if we need to change the mosquitto broker code for this requirement or is there a way where we can attach a handler code to broker to do this conversion.

Thanks,

Venky

Mosquitto Dev, which is an answer contact for mosquitto.