Re: Getting the client ID of messages received

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM, ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh S) <
nageshblore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Suppose, you are monitoring the soil pH of various potted plants. The
> monitoring device has a client ID based on the potted plant which you would
> have designated in your own convenient way. That convenient way would also
> ensure some uniqueness just as you were taking readings off a scientific
> experiment.

Indeed, that's a good example, a client ID for each monitoring device.
But imagine that they are linked to their MQTT broker through an expensive
satellite link, for example. I'd prefer not to waste bandwidth by including
the client ID in the payload of each message.

--
Damiano ALBANI