Retained messages

Hello,
we're developing a simple application (daemon) that will create an history of messages published on a broker, more on this as soon as I have a first draft of the architecture. This is related to a product under development but I think it could be useful also to others.

In order to be as generic as possible it would be useful to have a chance of knowing if a message that I receive as a subscriber to a broker has been published with the "retained" flag set. Is this piece of information available? I didn't find any indication from the subscriber point of view.

Thanks S.

--
  Stefano Costa, R&D Manager
  M +39 335 6565749