Details about Mosquitto PPA

Hello,
not sure if this is the right way of reporting this... but I found that the description about how to install Mosquitto on Ubuntu (a rather frequent situation) could be a bit more complete, in the "http://mosquitto.org/download/"; page of Mosquitto web site.

Now there is an indication like this:

<skip>
add the mosquitto-dev PPA to your repositories list – see the link for details. mosquitto can then be installed from your package manager.
* apt-add-repository ppa:mosquitto-dev/mosquitto-ppa
<skip>

Two problems:
- if I already have Mosquitto installed time ago from the official Ubuntu Repositories, this command is not sufficient in order to upgrade Mosquitto to a more recent version from ppa:mosquitto. - if I'm working on a Ubuntu Server edition the command "apt-add-repository" may not be present.

So I would suggest this as an indication:

<skip>
add the mosquitto-dev PPA to your repositories list – see the link for details. mosquitto can then be installed from your package manager.
* sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mosquitto-dev/mosquitto-ppa
* sudo apt-get update

In case the command "apt-add-repository" is not being recognized, it can be installed with:
* sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
<skip>

Thanks!! S

--
  Stefano Costa, R&D Manager