Using MQQ for Devices as opposed to Sensors

I' currently working on 2 launchpad projects, one which works well
for MQQ and one which would be a shoehorn but perhaps better than
writing my own code.

Project 1 is a temperature sensor...backstore: my
wife gets concerned in warm weather about the temp in the fridge with
the kids going in and out. Various msp430's come with a built in temp
sensor - and I have some RF board boosters - so my thought is to stick
one in the fridge to monitor the temp, publish it, then sleep for 5
minutes. Stick the other end into the pc which is always on and she can
review the history. MQQ seems perfect here.

Project 2: This is a
combination/proof of concept:

A TOTP token generator on the launchpad.
Upon demand it can generate a TOTP token and send it via the usb cable,
store token generation credentials, and provide info.

On the browser
side, a simple extension to act as the broker between the web server and
the generator.

Here it could be possible to view the traffic as
different channels:

/totp/device/control

/totp/device/tokens

/totp/broker/control

/totp/broker/requests

So the device would
subscribe to the brokers control and request channels - messages over
the request channel would simply generate a token and publish it to the
devices token channel. While the control channels would be used for
bi-directional control.

I'm not sure if MQQ is a good enough fit for
this concept....the main reason to use it is to minimize the
configuration of yet another independent protocol.

Anyone have any
thoughts on this usage for the second?

-Gary