libmosquitto fails on Windows XP

Hi,

we use libmosquitto 1.0.2 binaries for our MQTT client in the code.
This works fine in win7 and vista. however in XP we got some problems.
In some version of XP SP2 (not sure what is the trigger here)
 the mosquitto fails to start with the following error message:

"application failed to initialize properly 0x0150002"

 This happens also when we run mosquitto_pub.exe and mosquitto_sub.exe
which provided by the installer of mosquitto.
Have anybody run into such issue before? Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Zvi

Follow ups