Re: Problem in log_type debug with log_dest topic

Hi Prashant,

> If I am right, that debug level logging is not allowed with dest_type topic,
> can anyone tell me what is the significance of this restriction?

You are correct, debug messages are not sent over the topic log type.
The docs have it slightly incorrect, so I've just fixed them.

There are two reasons why this is the case - 1) Each log message would
trigger it's own log message (since it is a PUBLISH message that
should be logged) and so on. 2) It exposes potentially sensitive
information to everybody. Point 2 can be fixed with ACLs (although
these weren't available originally of course) and point 1 could be
fixed without too much trouble I'm sure. I don't believe that it is
something that is that important a feature though.

Cheers,

Roger