Max connections on a single mosiquitto server

Hi,There:
       In my previous mail , I tried to establish 100,000 connections on a
single mosiquitto server (use a medium EC2 server, ubuntu).
       I followed Roger's instruction, finally success. But new problem
comes, at peak time I saw there are more than 150,000 connections (6
machines, more than 20,000 connections per box), but after 1 minute, the
connections are closed by some stuff , and then I can see connections are
dropped linearly ( I saw the connection is RESETed). After one hour, there
are only 1,000 around connections.
       But suppose we need the long live connection, base on my
understanding, I think there are 3 possibilities
1.The connection is reset by mosiquitto server
theoretically, what's the max connections in single mosiquitto server, and
if exceed that number, what should happen?
2.The connection is reset by OS (linux)
actually, I already did some system level tuning which followed
https://lists.launchpad.net/mosquitto-users/msg00163.html. I guess, this is
not the reason, but not sure.
3. Client does not send the PINGREQ
I use nodejs as test client, and mqttjs is my lib, since mqttjs lib will
send ping message automatically, suppose ping message is sent. Ideally, the
interval  of ping message  is 1.5 second.
As well I'd like to know what the best practice on ping interval, it's
determined by what?  thanks in advance.

Neo

Follow ups