Re: SYS statistics

Hi Stefano,

One thing to be aware of is that "messages" here is all MQTT command
messages, not just the PUBLISH messages. It is possible that is
skewing your results. You could look at $SYS/broker/publish/messages/#
instead.

You can see this clearly on test.mosquitto.org:

$SYS/broker/messages/received                  160349417
$SYS/broker/publish/messages/received      86505065

$SYS/broker/messages/sent                 107708395
$SYS/broker/publish/messages/sent     33657732

Also, don't forget that $SYS is only updated periodically.

Cheers,

Roger