Re: mosquitto.conf and "pattern" vs "topic" (ACL)

On 09/08/2013 11:25 PM, Roger Light wrote:
Hi Stefano,

pattern write /clid/%c/data
Yes, ok I agree this doesn't work. I'll fix it for 1.2.1, which should
be next week.
Ok thanks Roger!

Sometimes I do have time to dig into code... not always.

The problem was around ACL with a leading / not matching properly. If
you scrap the leading / it will work now. Generally I'd recommend not
starting a topic with a / unless you've got specific reasons to do so.
It is treated as an extra level of hierarchy, like

""/clid/%c/data

which makes it marginally less efficient.

Yes good recommendation, I'll put adopt this as a practice.

--
  Stefano Costa, R&D Manager
  M +39 335 6565749