Mosquitto v1.2.3 broker on a local network

Hello everyone, I'm playing around with MQTT for few weeks now,

I tried mosquitto-1.2.3 server/broker on a win8, and winXP machine.
Server works when I'm using a client to connect to this server from a local
machine.
But I fail connect from a client on a same local network.

e.g. Client is at 192.168.0.11, and the Server is at 192.168.0.10.

I tried to connect to it from:

   - IBM's ia92 (RSMB Java client),
   - Sopot Cela's implementation (Java Paho client), and
   - Nicholas O'Leary's Arduino implementation (Mosquitto client)

All these clients connect to a public server test.mosquitto.org.

I don't understand what could be blocking client's to reach server.
Am I missing something here?
I've installed wireshark, and don't know what to look out for with it, any
help or hint would be appreciated,

Dario

Follow ups