Re: Authentication

Paul-

What i am currently doing is actually using the password as
 a dummy field and passing a token/uid in the uid field with a delimiter
 (i use a colon) that i can split on in python since it's just a string.
 That way you can check the token on every message.  Using a large uid
does kinda defeat the purpose of using mqtt that tries to keep the
overhead to a minimum, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

It
 is probably a good idea to cache your tokens locally in memcache or
something so that your server can make a quick local call.  I haven't
implemented that yet, but i may do so in the near future.

john