mqtt-users team mailing list archive

Welcome

Hi,

Ciemon suggested having some sort of community support so here is the
inaugural message of the mqtt-users mailing list :)

I'm sure that plenty of issues related to mosquitto are going to come
up, but I think what would be really useful would be to have somewhere
for mqtt beginners to have somewhere to start. From what I can see,
there's a whole lot of interesting things out there but it's all quite
fragmented so it's hard to get going. I think this is especially hard
for all of us that don't work at IBM :)

So... can I persuade any of you to share some knowledge? Obviously
there aren't many people subscribed here at the moment, but I'd like
to start out in the right kind of direction so anything interesting
would be great really. Have you got code that subscribes to a broker
and sends twitter/identica messages? Do you know of any links that
would be of interest to others? I'm sure even something as simple as a
description of the topic hierarchy you use could prove interesting.

I'll start the ball rolling with some easy ones:

http://code.google.com/p/currentcost/ - Dale Lane's code for parsing
XML data from CurrentCost monitors.
http://project-sam.awardspace.com/ - PHP api for interfacing to mqtt
through your browser.

I've also redone the mosquitto website with wordpress instead of a
static page. I'm not entirely happy with it, but it's a lot better and
has rss of course.

Cheers,

Roger