mqtt-users team mailing list archive

Re: Does Mosquitto send CONNACKS with response other than 0?

Hi Michael,

> I have been having a look at the Erlang MQTT client, and I modified it to
> send usernames and password (successfully I think).

That's great news! The Erlang client has been sat unloved for a while.

> Then I tried to do a connect with no username and password and I got disconnected,
> however I was expecting to receive a CONNACK with a response code of either 4 or 5?

This is a mosquitto error. It does queue a CONNACK message but then
closes the socket immediately so the message doesn't get sent. I've
always regarded this as fairly non-critical but feel free to disagree!

Cheers,

Roger