mqtt-users team mailing list archive

Re: will_set() not working on cross compiled libmosquitto for ARM linux ..

Hi Roger,

Good to hear! Did you see that I've produced a pure Python
> implementation of libmosquitto?

Yes I saw that, and I do intend to try it out.

uclibc has had support for AI_ADDRCONFIG since about 2008 from what
> I've just found, so you shouldn't need to make that #define. It does
> need support compiling in though, so it's possible your uclibc doesn't
> include that option. Either way, I don't think it is a crucial
> parameter. In your case in particular, I presume that the device
> interface will be static and predictable.

Thanks for your valuable background info on this!

What value are you setting for your keepalive on the client? It may
> take up to keepalive*1.5 seconds for the broker to determine that the
> client is no longer present.

Again, thanks for the useful info. As for will_set() not working, please
disregard, as I had (embarrassingly messed up the parameter initialisations
- kind of got confused between my python and C clients). I can confirm that
libmosquitto working a treat from my low-power ARM embedded devices ..
looking forward to building the remainder of the system.

Kind regards
PL