mqtt-users team mailing list archive

Re: Presence control

One way you could deal with presence would be to have an app publish a
persistent message to some kind of presence topic when it starts, and have
a LWT to publish a message and tell others that it had gone away. This is
an area that we need to flesh out on the wiki at some point (
http://mqtt.org/wiki/doku.php/techniques?s[]=presence)

I think the only way you'd be able to do the second thing would be to have
a broker expose its internal counters, so that is bound to be
implementation-specific. I don't know of a broker that provides that kind
of information today.