Re: [Ayatana] Things I have noticed

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Jacob Peddicord <jpeddicord@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Natan Yellin <aantny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Even if most Ubuntu users aren't at all tech savvy, you can't annoy the small minority which are power users. Those are the people who may decide to get involved in development and submit patches, so their opinion is critical to your success.

How about, for starters, adding a gconf option to show an X icon on notifications. I personally think it makes sense not to have one, but if people want one then you should let them have it. (And normal users, who you're trying to train to use notifications in a specific way, will never turn on the X because they don't even know what gconf is.)

Either way, thanks a lot for all of the work that you guys have done so far! It's great to see Canonical getting involved and trying to improve the user interface.

Natan

A close button I personally don't see being useful, in the current state of how notifications are displayed. They come and go relatively quickly, and by the time you notice a notification to click the X it may have already disappeared.
That's the point- I don't think an X is useful either, but it seems to be a common request.

Natan