Re: [Ayatana] System / hardware indicator

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 14:21 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> Ted Gould has been a proponent of a system / hardware indicator, and
> I've been working on how to handle things like USB-unmount and
> Bluetooth-connect and am coming round to the idea. What do you guys
> think? If there's support for the idea, we could do a round of design
> work and present it here for more detailed discussion.

Add usb-mount failure, usb power failure (not plugged into a powered
source), usb slowed (device of version x, slowed to x-1 because of port)
and no driver warning to that list.

Reporting that a device has been plugged in is good but the displayable
information about these devices is sometimes poor. Look at some of the
names and lack of icons for a lot of devices, we should want to make
this look awesome and that means more user identifiable information.

How to pair devices up with this information is for another mailing list
I think.

Regards, MArtin