Re: [Ayatana] Shutdown dialog countdown

I think the description of what shutting down does (e.g. "all applications will be closed") belongs in the tooltip for the shut down command. The dialog itself is not the place for that information -- it should show only what you need to know, that is 1) you have an option to cancel the shut down, and 2) if you don't respond, action will be taken automatically.

-S

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Alan Pope <alan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2009/12/9 Martin Albisetti <martin.albisetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Thoughts?

Just by way of comparison, I tried shutting down the mac I have and it uses..

"Are you sure you want to shut down your computer now?

If you do nothing, the system will shutdown automatically in NN seconds.

[Cancel] [Shutdown]"

Cheers,
Al.