[Ayatana] No tooltip popups on appindicators

Greetings;

I have noticed that in Lucid, appindicators no longer have tooltip
popups. When on my laptop, running on battery, this adds two extra
steps for me to find out the status of my battery. I have to click on
the battery and then click off the battery to continue what I was
doing. To me, this is very inconvenient and a change that is not good.
I have filed a bug [1] against this, as I believe that adding two more
steps just to check the status of my battery is a regression in
Ubuntu. I would like to see some feedback on this decision, and
hopefully see this change back to the way it was.

[1]
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-application/+bug/541609

--
Respectfully,