Re: [Ayatana] GSoC '10 Idea : NotifyOSD improvements

On 15/03/10 17:18, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:
> We've been pushing this 'ethereal notification' idea for a long time.
> Has anybody outside Ubuntu picked up on it? Why or why not? Is it a
> direction that should be continued on, or is a course-change required?

I wouldn't support any change in this. Keeping the notifications
ethereal is a firm goal, and I'd like us to be fixing apps which assume
otherwise. Also, apps which say stuff like "click this button" - they
are assuming the notification is pointing somewhere, which it isn't.

Mark