Re: [Ayatana] message indicator.(colour palette)

Hello,

There are different sorts (6, if my brain does not fail) of "daltonism", that more affects men than women. ~8% of men have some sort of color perception deficiency, mostly affecting the perception of green, but red and blue are also affected for some people. Before my current IT professional life, I worked for Airbus, and the iconography of maintenance system (daltonian people cannot be pilot...) was designed so that every state of an icon can be distinguished without perceiving its colour, thanks to its shape. Maybe the same approach can apply here ?

yann @ lossouarn . net