Re: [Ayatana] Indicators for showing progress

Why not?  I would think they share similar characteristics.  Long
duration, point-to-point movement of blocks of data, asynchronous
operation, worthy of notification when completed.

Seems like a slick solution to problems that are a bit of a mish-mash.

Things that would be questionable to me would be a render operation that
takes like five minutes.  Something that exists completely withing the
CPU.  But maybe a case could be made there too.