Re: [Ayatana] Indicators for showing progress

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 18:01, Remco <remco47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think the general idea is to eventually get rid of the window list (replacing it with GNOME
Shell's exposé-like functionality), and extend/standardize the tray to
start programs, indicate running programs, show progress,
notifications, and obviously provide custom menus.

yeah, looks like a great step and a nice vision from my user point of view..

GNOME Shell will advocate the usage of Zeitgeist AFAIK, a thought i enjoy very much.
Zeitgeist, which roughly translates to "awareness of time", will help make the UI more dynamic, interaction will become faster, less obtrusive.

thx, Remco, for putting the two worlds into contrast like that. you provided a very good overview for me, if that matters ;)