Re: [Ayatana] Tasque, Giver

On Thursday 22,April,2010 10:48 PM, Frederik Nnaji wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 15:12, John Lea <john.lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think a first step towards making Tasque work with Ubuntu One could be
>> moving it to using CouchDB for it's own storage.  The best person to talk to
>> about this is Stuart Langridge, see https://launchpad.net/~sil
>> <https://launchpad.net/%7Esil>.
>>

> exactly, CouchDB is perfect for this!
> i'll hail him.
>
> Thanks John, you helped me greatly.

Before we start using CouchDB more extensively, how about making erlang
processes drinking the CPU at a steady 1% of a 2GHz Core 2 Duo, and making the
whole set of CouchDB things take less memory?

My findings, from using Gwibber so far: If I kill gwibber and all the erlang and
couch things, my battery power consumption drops by approximately 2 Watts, from
~16W to ~14W, gaining me approximately half an hour worth of battery. Surely a
microblogging client, and potentially more things using Couch shouldn't take
this much power? Or actually, just couch running alone is bad enough.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin