Re: [Ayatana] Panel menu in 10.10 Netbook UI

Luke, I believe the idea is to have the menu, window controls and title actually in the top panel itself, not in windows.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Luke Benstead <kazade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 27 April 2010 17:24, Jeremy Nickurak <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What about windows with long titles? Web browsers ofter put the title of the
> page you're viewing in the window title, so it's HUGE. Not much extra room,
> if any, in that case.
> Maybe a cut-off title with ... and the full thing in a tooltip?
> Maybe just not merging the menus into the panel if it's too big.
> Conceptually spill-over into the application window.
> Alternatively, is there another place the page title, or other information
> revealed via the window title should end up?
> --
> Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-

The most obvious way to handle this is to limit outrageously long
title text, (in the way you suggested with ... and a tooltip) but do
nothing if the window gets too small. For example, resize any window
so that it doesn't fit the menu items - the menu items just get
clipped. I've attached a hacky mockup of what I think, a.) is what
everyone is talking about and b.) is bloody awesome :)

Luke.