Re: [Ayatana] Finger Swipe Gadgets

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 22:45 +0300, Alex Lourie wrote:
> That is what I would call the fail-safe mechanism, and yet, I'd hope
> it would still work

Interesting conundrum, though:

Passwords work - as far as they do - because people use them quite
regularly and so they tend to remember them and to become good at typing
them, even random ones.

However, if nearly all of the time you log in by making faces, and just
have a password as a fallback when something goes wrong, chances are
that you can't remember it when the time comes that you need it.

In a corporate setting with forced password changes every x months, I
see the disaster of passwords stuck to the screen already.