Re: [Ayatana] Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

On 4 May 2010 12:30, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 23:03 -0500, Diego Moya wrote:
>> And one feature I miss is having a volume slider always shown in the
>> panel. This was removed from the Gnome volume control for unknown
>> reasons, and was a convenient way to quickly set absolute volume with
>> one click.
>
> Did you notice that you can use the scroll wheel when just pointing at
> the volume indicator, i.e., without opening the menu? Works for other
> volume controls too, e.g., in Totem. And in fact it seems to work
> everywhere in gtk+, e.g., to scroll non-focused windows.

Yes I know, and it's not enough for me. I preferred the old way where
you used a single precise click to reduce a deafening sound, instead
of having to wheel down during a couple seconds to achieve an
acceptable level. This critical case is not well supported by the
current volume control.